INTRODUCTION TO PHLEBOTOMY PRACTICES & TECHNIQUES
One day intensive Phlebotomy Course with the award of the Certificate of Attendance ONLY £90 (regular price £149!).
Course fee includes registration, all course materials, refreshments and lunch.
*Note, we have allocated only 3 places at the special offer price so book early to secure your place.
This Part 1 (Introductory course) and Part 2 (Advanced course) is delivered in Ealing borough and teaches you all you need to be able to perform the venepuncture procedure and set you on the right course to becoming a professional phlebotomist.
WHO IS IT FOR?
It is perfect for total beginners, with no clinical experience, but it is also suitable for experienced clinicians, who have never received formal training, looking to reaffirm their knowledge and skills.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course teaches 1 day of classroom training and roughly 15 hours of home study:
- Unit 1: Understanding the Role of the Phlebotomist
- Unit 2: Understanding Phlebotomy Practices and Techniques
- Unit 3: Applying Basic Phlebotomy Practices and Techniques
These units and the contents of the course have been developed in line with the CH132 National Occupational Standard for Obtaining Venous Blood Samples.
Part 1 is about the theory of phlebotomy. You will cover:
- The roles and legal responsibilities of the phlebotomist
- Health and safety in the phlebotomy working environment
- The importance of gaining informed consent
- How to control the spread of infection
- How to use and apply a tourniquet
- How to deal with a Needle Stick Injury (NSI)
- The possible complications of venepuncture, and how to deal with them
- The anatomy associated with venepuncture
- Selecting an appropriate site for venepuncture
Our trainers are skilled at making the day a fun experience, with many practical exercises and group discussions. You will get to know your fellow students, and work as a team. If you already have past experience of taking blood, you can potentially skip Part 1 by enrolling on our refresher course instead.
You will be emailing a number of short written assignments to your email and complete and send to us by email. These assignments ensure that what you have learnt has sunk in, and encourage you to use the course handbook, and external references to top-up your learning through independent investigation.
Practical work, you will cover:
- Assembling the needle and the correct techniques to hold the needle
- The entire venepuncture procedure (including patient care before and after the procedure)
- How to use a variety of systems (Evacuated, Aspiration and Butterfly)
You will work through the procedure as a group before breaking off to role-play with a partner. You will use state of the art equipment, including wearable pads and dummy arms, with accurate veins and ‘blood’. You will not be drawing blood from your partners.
The day will end with a final practical assessment, taking you through a real-world role-play scenario.
You will receive your fully accredited certificate within 2 weeks after the end of the course.
The certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of the course. Within 2 years most people will have accumulated enough experience to surpass this qualification, however, if you feel you need to refresh your skills, for your own personal development, or because you are out of practice, we do offer a shorter refresher course.
WHAT ARE THE COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You do not need any prior qualifications or experience to take part in this course.
BEYOND THE COURSE, WHAT HELP WILL I GET?
You will be supplied with a course handbook to keep and refer to and will have full access to advice and guidance from your assessor and from our team.
Completing this course will also enable you to continue with our Advanced Techniques and Live Bloods courses.
WHERE IN EALING?
The course will be held at Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 3HW.
HOW DO I BOOK ONTO THE COURSE?
Simply call us at 0203 995 6399 or send us an email to email@example.com
0.00 average based on 0 ratings