Urinary Catheter Training Courses
Catheterisation Training Courses
This catheterisation training course is aimed at nurses who’s job role includes catheterisation of male, female and suprapubic patients. This training is used to familiarise delegates with the differences between male and female catheterisation, the reasons for catheterisation and to become accustomed to handling, inserting and changing catheters.
This catheterisation training includes a practical session on a manikin for male, female and suprapubic patients. Our nurse trainers will provide all the required equipment to conduct the training on your premises. We can change the course depending on your needs.
Catheterisation Training Course Summary:
- Definitions & methods of catheterisation
- Differences between supra-pubic & urethral catheters
- Advantages/disadvantages of urinary catheters
- Reasons for catheterisation
- Male/female anatomy
- Aseptic technique
- Male urethal catheterisation procedure (theory & practical session)
- Female utethal catheterisation procedure (theory & practical session)
- Supra-pubic catheterisation procedure (if requested)
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure check list
- Record keeping
- Competency framework training record sign off (6 hour version only)
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of male, female and suprapubic catheterisation and will be able to confidently work around, handle and change male, female and suprapubic catheters.
Delegates will understand how to perform the catheterisation procedure using aseptic technique.
This course lasts approximately 3 hours ? if competency framework and training record sign off is required the course will last 6 hours.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance valid for a period of 1 year. Competency must be demonstrated within 6 months of attending this training course, we are able to provide a competency sign off service if required
0.00 average based on 0 ratings