Part 1 – Theory ( £ 249.00)
This is the theory section of your training. You can choose to do this online in the comfort of your own home, OR at our training centre in a classroom setting. We will send you the E-Learning modules as soon as you complete your booking. If you don’t want to do your theory online, or can’t find the time to do it, then you can simply attend Day 1 at our training centre.
Either way, your theory section must be completed before attending Day 2 – the practical section of your course.
Part 2 – Practical with Real Patients ( £ 149.00)
Your practical training and assessment must be conducted in a classroom setting. You must attend this practical day to complete your training and gain your certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all healthcare workers with a professional registration, inclusive of, but not limited to: –
- Health Visitors
- Occupational Therapists
- Be aware of the legal aspects of immunisation
- Demonstrate how to document and report all vaccines given
- Explain the importance of consent in relation to immunisation
- Describe and demonstrate effective communication methods with patients, parents, careers and other relevant people regarding immunisation
- Be aware of current issues and controversies surrounding immunisation
- Explain the aims of immunisation
- Describe national vaccine policy and schedules
- Identify and implement strategies for improving vaccine uptake
- Explain the immune response to vaccines
- Describe how vaccines provide individual and community protection
- Describe and recognise the main features of vaccine preventable diseases and the nature and frequency of their acute and long-term complications
- Be aware of the different types of vaccine used
- Be aware of contraindications and precautions when using vaccines
- Describe complicated vaccine presentations
- Describe how to manage and report adverse events
- Describe the importance of the cold chain
- Be aware of the correct procedure for the storage and handling of vaccines
- Demonstrate how to recognise and manage anaphylaxis
- Demonstrate how to safely and effectively perform basic life support
- Describe effective communication methods with patients, parents and carers and other relevant people about immunisation
- Demonstrate how to administer vaccinations safely
Has been certified by the
CPD Certification Service
= 10 hours of CPD